CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Pages

Sunday, February 1, 2009

No Camera - I'm Lost!

I'm lost without my camera! Maya and I broke it :( Equal responsibility, we both reached for it and dropped it on the ceramic tile - ouch! I sent it in to Canon, hopefully they will be able to fix it. In the meantime, I'm lost!

Saturday - picture George and Claudia, me Wayne and Maya, at a colorful Mexican restaurant smiling..... IF I had my camera, the picture would be right here. We had lunch at El Salto, it almost felt like being in sunny Mexico for a couple hours. Then back out in the cold :) It was so nice to see G and C again, it had been too long. Now I know who to call if I get a speeding ticket in Hammond, their son, Dan, is a Hammond police officer. It seems like just last summer, we were watching him play baseball in the park.......

With my typical calendar-itis, I mixed up the date of when we were supposed to see Jeff Allen perform and we showed up early - a WEEK early. Jeez! So, we went to a movie instead since we had a babysitter (Grandma and Grandpa). We saw "Revolutionary Road". I can't really recommend it. It wasn't poorly made, the acting was good, but it was just depressing. It reminded me of Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf - lots of marital dischord, drinking, sadness.... I did get the bug to see movies though and today I went back and saw "Slumdog Millionaire" and "Taken". I do recommend those two. "Slumdog" is excellent. One review I read called it redemptive, a pretty good description. "Taken" is more formula, predictable, forgettable but good if your in the mood for a Charlie Bronson/Die Hard type movie with lots of chase scenes.

We had a Superbowl party (just the usual suspects) and loved watching the commercials. Mom and Maya won the squares. Lots of laughs, Maya is into running an obstacle course - it's funny just to hear a three year old SAY obstacle course, let alone do it. If I had a camera, I would post a video :( Okay, I'm whining. Time to go!