Grandma and Grandpa took Maya and me to The Morris Inn for a celebratory birthday lunch and Vanenture Day! I love that place. Ahhhhh........ Notre Dame felt welcoming and gives me a sense of grounding and peace. Kinda like home, ya know? It was a beautiful day and the campus looked so pretty. The students looked so young. They get younger every time I visit, it seems like.
The food was scrumptious. I had a cold strawberry soup with vanilla cream. Yummmmmy! I shared it with Maya - see, I'm a good mom ;) Then chicken salad with my fave Terra chips. Grandpa shared his creme brulee with Maya and she shared with me (this sharing can be a good thing).
I suppose I got used to it and we actually ordered Maya the $7 Kraft Macaroni and Cheese! It still cracks me up that it actually says "Kraft" and costs $7. This time I even noticed that if you order it for dinner, the price goes up to $9. I kid you not. Oh well, every diamond has a flaw, the flaw at Sorin's is the child menu prices.
Then we went to the bookstore. Notre Dame, food and shopping.... p-e-r-f-e-c-t!
I bought matching "The Shirt" shirts for Maya and I to wear at the next party.
Thank you, Grammy and Grampy - another awesome Vanenture Day!
If you haven't seen the "Grandpa / Maya show" yet, this picture may look a little strange. Grandpa and Maya have a, shall we say, unique relationship. In this picture, Grandpa was trying to tweek Lambie - he was "misbehaving" a bit and teasing her. So, in her usual style, she teased him right back. Grandma is about to say, "Oh, Edward, stop that or next time you'll stay home."
Grandma and I had a good time on this trip listening to the two of them in the back seat. She didn't have to say, "Don't make me pull this car over." one time ;)
Thursday, September 17, 2009
Vanenture Day
Posted by Janet and Maya at 4:59 AM