CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Pages

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Another Year....





It was an awesome birthday! The feeling when Maya says (or even better sings) "Happy Birthday Mommy".....it's incredible.

I spent my actual birthday (Friday) in a continuing education accounting class in Fort Wayne. I know, yuck. But this particular one was less yucky (that's a CPA tech term) than most are. Sometimes I sit in those classes and think, why would anyone want this job. Thankfully the jobs themselves are MUCH more interesting than the theory and the classes. This one was called "MBA in a day". I was curious to see what it would be like - I mean, I spent two years in full time graduate school classes studying - how could it be taught in a day? It made me feel better on two levels - first, you can't teach it in one day, you can't even briefly run through all the material just reading headings. Second, things haven't changed as much as I had expected they would have, since the Dark Ages, when I got my degree. Oh, I'll add a third, I remember alot more than I thought I would. All in all, not the best way to spend a birthday, but interesting nonetheless.

The three of us (how cool to say that!) went to El Salto for dinner. Yummmmmm! I love margaritas and don't get them very often, so that was a special birthday treat. Then we went home and had birthday cookies.

Today, Mom and Dad came over for the Notre Dame game. Wooo-hoooo! Go Irish, go! My Mom doesn't like the coach, Charlie Weiss. He was rude to us outside the Regis and Kelly show back a few years and I don't think she's forgiven him. She loved seeing him getting plowed over by a player, but we do hope he's not seriously hurt.

We had birthday cake :) Yes, that is Maya's fingers going into the frosting. It wasn't quite as dramatic as the neighborhood party last year when she used her full hand to swipe off a huge glob of frosting, but she did get quite a bit :) I can't blame her, it was exceptionally yummy frosting.

So another year begins for me. I'm excited to see what the next year brings!