CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Pages

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Dollywood or Bust? (pun intended, hahaha)














We went to Dollywood today. I liked it quite alot. It was calmer than Mickey's House. More natural. There were lots of trees and water features - brooks, waterfalls, mill streams, a grist mill, paddlewheels. There was music playing just about everywhere but without the kind of frantic feeling we sometimes had at Disney. This is the off-season and we didn't have to wait in line anywhere. They let Maya ride as many times as she wanted to. She went on the carousel, ferris wheel, piggy parade, duck ride - she had a blast. We ate barbeque pulled pork for lunch. It was delicious. We were surprised, they didn't have any sauce on it - it was all on the side and you could add it, but the pork wasn't cooked in the sauce. Yummmmm, quite tasty as Maya would say.

We're planning to go back tomorrow, weather permitting, to see more shows. I didn't get on a roller coast today, I'll try again tomorrow, I hope!
Some of us (not me) were brave enough to go on the water rides.
Then we came back to the cabin and ate dinner. Played pool, watched tv, talked, and talked, and oh, did I mention talked? The cabin is spectacular. I'll try to get some good pictures tomorrow. Just awesome, we're loving it. Perfect for friends or family getaway, you're together but it's big enough that you can go off and do your own thing if you want to.
Jaime sent us pictures of Hobart, wow, wow, wow. We hope everyone is safe and the waters will recede. Hmmm, I'll post some pics....