CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Pages

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Today is......click on video to see



Translation: Grandma and Grandpa Adventure Day!

We went to County Line Orchard. It's not too far from us but we've NEVER been there before. It is very cool! We'll definitely be back again soon. Of course, our first stop was LUNCH, LOL. I had stuffed pepper soup in a bread bowl that was awesome. Mom had a sloppy joe sandwich, Dad had a ham sandwich and Maya had two hot dogs (my good little eater).

Then we went to the Farm. What a deal for $3 !! Maya saw ponys, donkeys, llamas, cows, rabbits, chickens, pigs, goats, sheep, turkeys. Lots of the animals had babies, too. It was really nice. Everywhere was clean and relatively non-stinky, except the pigs. Watcha gonna do with those pigs. She got to see eggs hatching and little chicks. Really cool!

Tractors pulled wagons that took you to the apple orchard for picking. I don't remember if/when I've seen apple trees. They weren't how I expected. I thought we'd have to climb ladders, but these were more like apple bushes and it was very, very easy to pick the apples. They were beautiful - the branches loaded with ripe apples - beautiful. But then, the mosquitoes, TONS/BILLIONS of mosquitoes. I felt like ummmm, I don't know, a pin cushion? I am all bit up. Happily, Maya only got one, that I know of anyway. A little like the blueberry picking where it's fun at first, then your glad you don't work picking fruit everyday.

We didn't want to end the great day on the mosquito-note, so we had to get ice cream, right? Yummmmmmm, made us forget all about those nasty bugs.

Grandma and Grandpa - YOU ROCK !!!